Danns on cloud nine after U's win
DOUBLE-goal hero and new dad, Neil Danns, was on cloud nine last night after capping the best 24 hours of his life with a brace of goals against Bristol City.
DOUBLE-goal hero and new dad, Neil Danns, was on cloud nine last night after capping the best 24 hours of his life with a brace of goals against Bristol City, writes Carl Marston.
Danns' partner Michelle gave birth to a baby son, Jayden Alexander, in his native Liverpool at 6pm on Monday evening. But it was never in doubt that he would return to Essex in time to play a massive role in a 3-2 victory.
“It's a great feeling to score goals, but it doesn't compare to the birth of a new child. That's the best feeling ever!” enthused midfielder Danns.
“I'm so happy. I've had a very hard last 24 hours. Michelle was in labour for 17 hours, so I haven't had much sleep.
You may also want to watch:
“Some people probably doubted whether I would play tonight, but I will always try and give everything for Colchester United. I love playing football, and I'm loving life at the moment!
“I had a five-hour drive down from Liverpool, and I only arrived here a couple of hours before kick-off. But it was all worthwhile.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
“The lads were always going to do the baby celebration if I scored (cradling the hands). I'm so glad to have scored two more, and I'm such a proud father” added Danns.