Danny Smy rejoins Felixstowe & Walton United
DANNY Smy has joined Felixstowe & Walton United for a second time this season.
Seasiders manager Kev O’Donnell has acted swiftly to secure Smy following his release from Ryman League Premier Division Leiston earlier this week.
Smy joined the club at the start of the current season from Leiston, having played at The Goldstar Ground under former manager Steve Potts in 2006/7.
With Leiston’s promotion this season to the Ryman Premier involving much greater travelling that conflicted with Smy’s employment he left the club and played eight games for the Seasiders, scoring twice at the beginning of the season.
However, he was lured back to Leiston in early October by manager Mark Morsley but left Victory Road by mutual consent just ten weeks later.
You may also want to watch:
The Seasiders had retained his Thurlow Nunn League registration following his move to Leiston and Smy now returns full time and will be available for selection for Saturday’s home game against Wivenhoe Town.
Smy joined Leiston following the Seasiders’ 2-0 home defeat to Thetford on September 29 when O’Donnell was in the Thetford dug out as assistant manager.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 8 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 9 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
O’Donnell subsequently joined the Seasiders the following week as Smy moved to Leiston.