Danny Wilson pips Joe Dunne to manager’s award
COLCHESTER United boss Joe Dunne has been pipped at the post in the running for the League One manager of the month award.
Despite guiding his U’s side out of the relegation zone, and into mid-table, with four wins out of six league games in his first full month at the helm, Dunne has been overlooked for the October accolade.
Dunne was named on a short-list of three, but instead Sheffield United boss Danny Wilson has won the award. The Blades scooped 16 points out of a possible 18 in October.
Likewise, U’s midfielder Craig Eastmond, who was on the short-list of three for the League One player-of-the-month award, has also missed out.
Instead, Sheffield United keeper George Long has got the nod.
You may also want to watch:
However, ex-U’s winger Ashley Vincent, who left over the summer to join Port Vale, has been named League Two player-of-the-month, while ex-U’s defender Mark Yates has won the manager-of-the-month title in the same division, for his inspired last few weeks at high-flying Cheltenham
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health