Darrell Howard is amongst winners of Happy Haddock tournament
- Credit: Contributed
The Happy Haddock Invitation Triples Tournament was won, this year, by Darrell Howard, Mark Baker and Ray Andrews.
Darrell Howard who sponsors the tournament was delighted to have finally won the event that he instigated in 2000. In second place were Richard Parker, Anne and George Hickinbotham, third were last year‘s winners Ken Frost, Duncan Frost and Norman West.
This popular tournament was played on Melton Bowls Club’s fast running green in ideal conditions and attracted a full complement of 24 teams.
With one game remaining for all the teams, three were still unbeaten and in contention to take the winners trophy. Frost’s team headed the field with 38 points, just ahead of D Kersey on 37 and Howard’s trio a point further back on 36.
Frost’s triple had a very tight last game against G Martin and were held to a draw, which dropped them down to third place on 46 points. D Kersey had a nightmare last game against G Bromley, picking up only one point and finishing back on 37 points.
You may also want to watch:
Howard’s team managed to stay unbeaten with a good win against T Wilkins and carded a winning total of 49 points. Parker’s team had lost their first game but a strong finish saw them come in with 46 points, the same as K Frost but a better shots difference gave them the runner up spot.
After the completion of the games, Darrell Howard was presented with the winners trophy by the tournament organiser Peter Moyes.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 7 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 8 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 9 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 10 North Stander: Bonne's becoming a Blues icon - now we have to start winning
The first time in 13 years, that he has received the trophy rather than present it to someone else!