Darren Ironside smacks 125 not out as Suffolk beat Bedfordshire
Suffolk cricket claimed an impressive victory over Bedfordshire in their final three-day Minor Counties Championship clash of the season.
A fantastic knock of 180 by Elliot Callis helped fire the home side Bedfordshire to an impressive second innings total of 357 for nine declared, setting Suffolk a hefty target of 318 runs to win.
But Darren Ironside was in no mood to return to Suffolk a loser, with his magnificent 125 not out helping his side reach their lofty goal with three wickets remaining.
Ironside’s masterful knock saw him face 158 balls, blasting ten fours and a six.
He was ably assisted by a fine half century from former Essex star Jaik Mickleburgh, who plundered 54 runs off 99 balls, and a quick-fire 49 off just 35 balls – including four fours and two sixes – from Ben Shepperson.
Opener Martyn Cull added 35, while Kyron Young and Adam Mansfield contributed 21 runs apiece in a fantastic run chase for Suffolk.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia