Daryl Murphy returns to fitness ahead of Rotherham trip
Ipswich Town will have Daryl Murphy – the Championship’s 18-goal leading scorer – available for Saturday’s match at Rotherham.
The Irish striker sat out last weekend’s turgid goalless home draw with Wigan, but is fit again following a calf strain.
“He’s fine,” said Blues boss Mick McCarthy. “He trained today, no problems – he’s good to go.
“I got all the questions last week ‘did we miss him?’ I’m always a bit loathed to say you miss players, because you have a squad and others players come in, but if you’ve got the leading goalscorer in the league then you want them available.”
Meanwhile, midfielder Luke Hyam and keeper Dean Gerken are progressing well with their injury rehabs.
“I keep going to see Luke,” said McCarthy. “If he can use one word instead of two then he will! I try and chat to him, you say ‘hello Luke’ and he’s gone! I captured him today while he was on the physio bed though.
“It was a nasty injury, he strained his medial ligament, but he’s progressing and will hopefully be back within the time frame of six weeks we initially set.
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 3 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 10 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
“Gerks has been training but is not yet kicking a ball because that was his hip flexor. He’s back out there though and progressing nicely.”
– See tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star for all the latest Blues news.