Watch: Hilarious man-of-the match speech by Suffolk non-league player
- Credit: PA
When Cornard United defender Dave Dowding picked up his man-of-the-match award for an outstanding performance against Sheringham in the Thurlow Nunn League on Saturday, he made a speech to remember.
Dowding, who has been at the club for seven years, was clearly delighted to pick up his bottle of gin from MOM sponsors, Suffolk Distillery.
Indeed he thanked everyone!
“It was a good point at Sheringham and we won our first game at Norwich CBS, so it’s all good at Cornard at the moment,” Dave, who runs an electrical company (and he got that plug in to), said!
“There is a lot more profile at Cornard these days and the boss Tom Clark is doing a great job. The gin is good as well.”
You may also want to watch:
Cornard are at AFC Sudbury Res on Wednesday night, before entertaining King’s Lynn Res on Saturday.
Dave will be no doubt hoping for another MOM - and another rousing thank you speech.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 7 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win