David Batch returns to Suffolk to sign AFC Sudbury’s Jack Wilkinson and Leiston’s Adam Tann
- Credit: James Ager
Former AFC Sudbury boss David Batch has wasted no time in raiding Suffolk clubs for players this week.
Batch only left Sudbury a little more than 10 days ago to take the vacant reins at Southern Premier Division side St Neots Town, but has moved quickly to secure the signing of Sudbury’s Jack Wilkinson and Leiston’s Adam Tann, both for undisclosed transfer fees.
Both players’ moves were confirmed late on Thursday evening as Batch, who suddenly departed Sudbury towards the back end of 2014, makes his first moves in the transfer market for his new Cambridgeshire-based side.
Experienced centre-half Tann, who made Football League appearances for both Leyton Orient and Notts County, leaves a coaching role at Leiston, having made 59 league appearances for the Blues, scoring three goals.
Wilkinson meanwhile is a player Batch knows well having managed the left-back-cum-left-midfielder at the Wardale Williams Stadium in recent seasons.
You may also want to watch:
Previously with Haverhill Rovers, and Needham Market, Wilkinson made 45 appearances for the Yellows, scoring three goals.
Tann and Wilkinson will both be available for St Neots’ clash with Paulton Rovers this afternoon, as the Suffolk sides prepare for life without two key players.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
Leiston host Ryman Premier Division league-leaders Margate today (3pm kick-off) buoyed by a fantastic 3-0 midweek win over Lewes.
The Blues moved to within one place and three points of the fifth and final play-off position in the league following the win, after an indifferent Christmas and New Year period.
New signing Darren Mills has made an immediate impression at Victory Road, having scored and picked up the man of the match award in the Lewes triumph.
Mills is likely to retain his position in what will undoubtedly be a big test for the Suffolk side against opposition destined for Conference football next term.
Ryman North Division outfit Sudbury also enjoyed a fine midweek victory - beating Soham Town Rangers by three goals to one.
Ollie Berquez, James Baker, and Kris Newby scored the goals for a Sudbury side still under the supervision of caretaker boss Danny Laws as they seek a long-term manager.
The Yellows are on the road at Cheshunt today looking for another win to maintain their push for a play-off position.
Before today’s encounters, the Suffolk side sit just three points short of fifth-placed Aveley, but with two games in hand.