David Fox training with Colchester United
- Credit: Archant
David Fox, the former Colchester United midfielder, is back training with his old club.
Creative midfielder Fox, who played under Paul Lambert during the U’s 2009-10 campaign, spent a chunk of last season at Barnsley, on loan from Norwich.
The 30-year-old is currently a free agent, after being released by Norwich last June. He was at the U’s training ground at Florence Park, Tiptree, today.
Fox is set to train with the U’s, so that the management staff can take a look at him over the coming days, with a view to a possible deal.
Fox made his U’s debut in the remarkable 7-1 win at Norwich on the opening day of the 2009-10 season.
You may also want to watch:
U’s boss Tony Humes said: “David (Fox) has come down and is going to train with us for a while.
“It will be a good chance for us to look at him, and him to look at us, and we’ll see what happens after that.”
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket