David McGoldrick to follow Luke Hyam out of Ipswich Town exit door
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Striker David McGoldrick looks set to leave Ipswich Town this summer.
The silky striker, who has long battled injury problems, is out of contract with the Blues and looks set to move on.
No new deal has been offered to the 30-year-old as yet, though it’s understood that there have been negotiations.
If confirmed, the Republic of Ireland striker will follow Luke Hyam out of the door - the combative midfielder revealing on Instagram earlier that he is departing Portman Road.
At his best, McGoldrick was one of the elite players in the Championship, once attracting a £7m bid from Premier League Leicester City, which was rejected by Town owner Marcus Evans back in August 2014.
You may also want to watch:
But sadly the Blues haven’t seen much of him at his best in recent seasons as he’s battled various injuries.
- MORE: Hurst now odds-on for Town job
Indeed, having started this season in good form and netting eight goals, his campaign was ended by a groin injury in February.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
In total, McGoldrick has bagged 45 goals in 126 starts and 33 sub appearances, having joined Town in January 2013 from Nottingham Forest.