Deadline nears for Suffolk FA Groundsman of the Year
THERE are only a few days left to enter Suffolk FA Groundsman of the Year 2012 competition.
Suffolk FA and The FA are looking for the best groundsman in the county from clubs in Step 7 or below.
Once again Mark Harrod, a retailer of high-class sporting products which include goalposts, is sponsoring Suffolk FA’s Groundsman of the Year 2012 competition.
The winners will receive vouchers to be spent at Mark Harrod. They will also be entered into The FA’s national competition where the winners of each category will attend a ‘winners day’ at Wembley.
The prizes include: A tour of Wembley, a pitch walk led by the ground staff, a Q&A session with the head groundsmen at Wembley and St George’s Park, England’s multi-million pound state-of-the-art training complex, and a trophy presentation ceremony
You may also want to watch:
Last year, Michael Brundish, Old Newton United’s groundsman, won the Suffolk FA Groundsman of the Year 2011 competition.
Phil Knight, Suffolk FA chief executive, said: “Groundsman of the Year helps promote the often unseen work carried out by those involved in grassroots football.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
“I would urge as many clubs from Step 7 or below from Suffolk to enter their groundsman for this year’s competition.
“It would be lovely to see our winner succeed in The FA’s national competition.”
If you would like a nomination form please contact Jonathan Moyes on 01449 776380 or email@example.com
The deadline for nominations is 5pm on Wednesday, February 1.