Deben Swimming Club enjoy success in final round of Summer League
- Credit: Contributed
Deben Swimming Club had a successful night in the final round of the Summer League.
The A team finished second overall in the A Final and the B team winning the C Final held at their home pool in Woodbridge.
The highlights of the first half of the A Final were two great swims from Abbie Webb, who won the 50m fly and 50m free.
The first half was finished off by a sensational boys’ (12-13) 4x50m medley relay with the top three teams finishing within one second of each other.
Particular mention should go to Kieran Smith and Harry Longbottom.
You may also want to watch:
Kieran produced an amazing turn on the fly leg, which brought Deben back into contention.
Harry then swam an amazing final free leg, taking Deben from third to first.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
The second half of the event was about keeping second place position and giving eventual winners Stowmarket a run for their money.
Tom Beagley was the boys’ joker for the 50m breast and he did the team proud by winning in some style.
The relays didn’t disappoint again with the girls’ (12/13) 4x50m free relay team of Nadia Mason, Abbie Webb, Hannah Moore and Daisy Pitt storming through to an exciting first place finish.
In a nail-biting finale to the season Deben B won the Summer league C final by just two points from Hadleigh SC.
Everything rested on the outcome of the final event - the cannon.
This final round saw the Deben B team back to full strength after having very few boys available for the second round at Halstead.
It was a great team effort, however highlights included Flora Pitt swimming the 50m breast in two age groups, producing personal bests in both swims.
Ella Houston swam the 50m free in a time of 42.98, her first-ever county qualifying time, while Megan Claydon had the joker on her in the 12/13 100m fly and didn’t disappoint.
Chloe Howard produced a four second PB in the 100m back, while Pip Taylor really shone on the night with outstanding races in both the 50m and 100m breast, achieving new personal bests and an amazing leg of the 4x50m Free relay helping Deben back into second position in that event.
In the boys’ events, Connor Houston swam personal bests in the under-10 fly and back and great swims in the relays and cannon .
Nathan Griggs swam the under-12 breast and free and also swam up a year in both individual and relay races.
Alex Goodchild swam the 100 fly and back as well as relays, also holding on to beat Hadleigh in the last leg of the cannon to give victory to Deben.