Debenham LC appoint former Halstead Town boss as club’s new manager
- Credit: PA
Debenham LC have appointed former Halstead Town boss, Mark Benterman, as their new boss.
Benterman replaces Ben Murphy, who had been in charge since August, and inherits a team that is 18th in Thurlow Nunn Division One.
Chairman, Steve Sherwood, said: “It’s always the hardest thing to tell someone that we need to change things and it was especially so in this case as Ben (Murphy) is a decent bloke.
“But like the true Hornet he is, he was man enough to accept that the club is the priority in all things as he was man enough to take on the job in the first place.
“An opportunity to have a quality Manager such as Mark doesn’t come round often and Debenham have acted quickly and decisively to obtain him and his management team.
“Mark’s knowledge and experience will be a vital asset in taking this club where we want to be and the committee and I firmly believe his vision matches our own.”
He added: “On behalf of Hornets everywhere I sincerely thank Ben for all he has done for the cause.”
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 5 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 8 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 9 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 10 Triple murder accused appears in court