Deco heading to Spain?
DECO could have played his last game for Chelsea with Atletico Madrid lining up a �5m summer move.The 31-year-old Portuguese playmaker picked up a hamstring injury at the weekend which could see him ruled out for the rest of the season.
DECO could have played his last game for Chelsea with Atletico Madrid lining up a �5m summer move.
The 31-year-old Portuguese playmaker picked up a hamstring injury at the weekend which could see him ruled out for the rest of the season.
But La Liga high-flyers Atletico want to take former Barcelona star Deco back to Spain.
Deco only arrived at Stamford Bridge in the summer in an �8m move from the Nou Camp as Phil Scolari's main signing. However, the Portugal international has struggled with both fitness and form in the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
Atletico's sport director Jesus Garcia Pitarch is believed to have already spoken to Deco's agent Jorge Mendes according to sources in Spain.
It is unlikely, however, that any decision will be taken by Chelsea to sell the player until the summer because of the speculation over who will become their next permanent manager.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 6 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 7 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 8 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 9 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
Guus Hiddink still maintains that he will not carry on beyond the end of the season due to his commitment to the Russian national team.
But Roman Abramovich is likely to cut his losses on the ageing midfielder, given that Chelsea hope to raise any transfer funds from players sold at the end of the season.
The player himself is eager to get back from injury before May to try to have a say in the final stages of the season.
Meanwhile, Barcelona defender Dani Alves insists he will not be leaving the club this summer despite reports linking him to Chelsea.