Us’ defender Kent will not be risked at Stevenage
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Centre-half Frankie Kent will NOT feature at Stevenage on Saturday, despite making good progress following his ankle injury sustained during the 2-1 home defeat to Bury last weekend.
Kent sat out Colchester United’s fine 3-1 home win over Yeovil Town on Tuesday evening, with his ready-made replacement Tom Eastman netting the opener in that game.
The fourth-placed U’s take on fellow high-flyers Stevenage at Broadhall Way on Saturday, but that game comes too soon for a recovering Kent.
“Frankie has been with the physio today, doing some gentle work,” revealed U’s boss John McGreal, following this morning’s training session at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“It’s important not to push it too much with Frankie, because for him to come back too quickly could cause a reaction.
You may also want to watch:
“We will just be happy if it ends up being two weeks out, rather than the four to six weeks that often comes with a heavy ankle injury,” added McGreal.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 10 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest