Defender Kyran Clements joins Bury Town on a permanent deal from AFC Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
An agreement between AFC Sudbury and Bury Town has been made for the permanent transfer of young defender Kyran Clements.
Subject to paperwork completion and an undisclosed fee, the 20-year-old defender will join up with Ben Chenery’s squad for pre-season training next week.
Kyran who is a graduate of the AFC Sudbury Academy, spent the entire of last season at the Ram Meadow-based club on a season-long loan.
Previously he made a name for himself captaining the Sudbury U18 and Reserve sides.
AFC Sudbury Director of Football Danny Laws said: “Kyran has made rapid progress over the last few years and a lot of credit must go to the staff within the AFC Sudbury Academy for his development, in particular David Cannon and Louis Johnson who have mentored him closely, he is a great lad who works hard and I wish him all the best.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Clements said: “I am thrilled to be joining Bury Town, and to have the opportunity to work with Ben Chenery and his management team again.
“I really enjoyed my time at Bury last season, and I learnt a lot from Ben especially with him being an ex-centre half. He gave me a chance to play and helped me to progress, so I’m happy that I will be able to continue this next season.
- 1 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 2 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 3 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 7 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 8 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
- 10 Three vehicle crash causing delays near Ipswich
“I’d like to say a special thanks to Danny and Dave, and the likes of Louis for all their work with me over the past few years. They have been an integral part of my development, showing a lot of belief in me and providing me with a platform to build upon. I am also grateful for the support I received from the Chairman, Directors and the supporters of AFC Sudbury during my time there.
“I’m now looking forward to starting the next chapter and to continue learning and improving.”