Young defender Smith signs first pro deal at Town
- Credit: Archant
Young left back Tommy Smith has signed his first professional deal at Portman Road.
The 18-year-old has committed to the club until the summer of 2022, with a year option on top.
Smith made his first-team Town debut as a half-time substitute in the EFL Trophy win against Peterborough back in December.
He's currently on loan at Bury Town, where he's been impressing as the Ram Meadow outfit push for promotion from Isthmian League North.
Smith is one of nine homegrown players to have made their senior bow for the Blues this season.
You may also want to watch:
The others are Bailey Clements, Alex Henderson, Tawanda Chirewa, Armando Dobra, Liam Gibbs, Tommy Hughes, Brett McGavin and Tyreece Simpson.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad