Defensive duo return for Braintree Town’s game with Hayes & Yeading
BRAINTREE Town boss Alan Devonshire has been given a timely boost with the returns of central defenders Adam Bailey-Dennis and Matt Paine for the visit of Hayes and Yeading tonight.
The duo were both suspended for Saturday’s 4-1 defeat at Mansfield Town leaving Devonshire with just 13 fit players, including two goalkeepers, to call upon.
The versatile Pat O’Connor should also be fit enough to be in contention for a start and could play at right-back with Ryan Peters still struggling for fitness following a calf injury.
Kenny Davis serves the second game of a three-match ban so that should see Brad Quinton and Nicky Symons retain their partnership in the Iron engine-room.
With Devonshire voicing his concerns over relegation following Saturday’s defeat at Field Mill, a midweek match against a side third bottom of the league looks to be the perfect tonic.
You may also want to watch:
The Woking-based club are without a win in seven and slipped further into trouble last Tuesday as they suffered a 4-0 home hammering at the hands of fellow strugglers, Newport County.
As for Braintree, the Iron have now conceded 41 goals this season following Saturday’s display in Nottinghamshire and will be looking to replicate their performance from earlier in the season when goals from Andy Yiadom and Jai Reason gave them a 2-1 victory over tonight’s opponents.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots