Depleted Mildenhall Fen Tigers team host Kent Kings
- Credit: Archant
With injuries still a concern, a somewhat depleted Fen Tigers welcome back to West Row the Kent Kings.
Things looked like they were going to be even worse for the Fen Tigers after a nasty looking spill for young Josh Bates in last night’s John Berry Memorial meeting at Ipswich, but thankfully it seems not as bad as it first looked.
Club chairman Kevin Jolly said: “My heart was in my mouth when Josh fell, I thought here we go again another injury! But speaking with him this morning he is having x-rays today, but says he is sure nothing is broken and he will be all right for Sunday.
“That is great news for us as we are a little depleted in every sense at the moment, with Stefan and Liam out, Aaron missing the meeting for family reasons and Nathan still on the road back to full fitness.
“That said I could not be prouder of what we have achieved to date, we try to install steel and team spirit in the lads to help them deal with times like this, and the excellent results achieved recently on the road back this up.
“We must now transfer this into the next two home meetings to keep up our challenge at the top of the table.
“Gareth Isherwood will replace Aaron on Sunday whilst Danno Verge covers the second reserve position as he did last Monday, we won’t take Kent lightly but I expect all three points from the meeting.”
- 1 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 2 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 3 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 5 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 6 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 7 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
- 8 'That is the calibre'- Oxford boss on potential transfer move for Norwood
- 9 Three overnight burglaries in the same Sudbury street
- 10 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
Following Sunday’s meeting there will be a Fans Forum held in the Fenland Bar, where the Promotion and Riders will be present to answers supporters questions.
Mildenhall ‘Fen Tigers’ : 1 Jon Armstrong 2 Gareth Isherwood (G) 3 R/R 4 Josh Bates 5 Danny Halsey 6 Danno Verge 7 Nathan Stoneman Kent ‘Kings: 1 Steve Boxall 2 Connor Coles 3 Sam Woods 4 Benji Compton 5 Ben Morley 6 Adam Kirby 7 Jack Kingston