Derek Bowden appointed as new chief at Essex Cricket
FORMER Ipswich Town CEO Derek Bowden has been appointed as the new chief executive of Essex Cricket.
Bowden, who will take up the post early in the season, will bring a wealth of experience from both the business and sporting worlds.
During his time at Portman Road he successfully restructured the finances of the Championship side, spearheading commercial activities whilst managing the playing budget.
Bowden previously spent over 18 years in various senior management roles at Saatchi & Saatchi and is delighted to be now starting in his new position at Essex Cricket.
He told www.essexcricket.org.uk, “I’m really looking forward to joining the team at Essex and working with them to create the success that Essex Cricket deserves.”
You may also want to watch:
Nigel Hilliard, Chairman of Essex Cricket, said: “Derek has a wealth of experience in the commercial and sporting world, which will be of great benefit to the club at a time when we are embarking on a major redevelopment of The Essex County Ground. Once completed the stadium will be a fitting centrepiece to the new City of Chelmsford.”
Former chief executive David East left his role at the end of 2012 after 12 years in the post.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship