Details of cycling rally are released
MILDENHALL Cycling Club have published details of their annual cycling festival.The Mildenhall Cycling Rally, held over the August Bank Holiday from Saturday 23 to Monday 25, will take place at the town's Riverside Middle School.
MILDENHALL Cycling Club have published details of their annual cycling festival.
The Mildenhall Cycling Rally, held over the August Bank Holiday from Saturday 23 to Monday 25, will take place at the town's Riverside Middle School.
One of the many appealing facets of this family-orientated event is the onsite camping.
“Demand for these caravan and camp pitches is always high and sell out before the event, so we would encourage anybody wishing to stay on site to book as soon as they can,” explained Mark Burchett, one of the organisers.
You may also want to watch:
For those who prefer a bit more comfort, the Mildenhall club have put together a list of local B&Bs, guest houses and hotels, which is available with their Information Brochure. This very informative booklet contains details of everything taking place at the Rally.
The grass-track forms the centrepiece of the Rally and will this year be hosting the final rounds of both the season-long and short-distance League competitions.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 9 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
Organiser Max Pendleton said: “This means we should still attract the fastest of the sprinters and enduros to Mildenhall.”
There is a full supporting list of grass-track events everyday from noon. Saturday is especially for the Ladies and Juveniles, while Sunday and Monday is mainly for the Juniors and Seniors.
Other competitive events on offer, include an early season Cyclo-Cross, run on a Madison basis where the teams of two ride alternate laps. There is the ever-popular Children's Duathlon, which is preceded on the Sunday morning by the Newmarket Duathlon for adults - promoted for the Mildenhall club by the Newmarket Cycling & Triathlon Club.
For anybody looking to pick up cycling bargains the two-day Trade Show, (Sunday and Monday) is one of the biggest in the UK open to the public. There will be everything from inner tubes and tyres to frames and complete machines all at very competitive prices.
Exhibiting at Mildenhall will be specialist children's cycle manufacturer Islabikes, who as well as displaying their full ranges, will have a set of demonstrators as well.
To get a copy of the Information Brochure you will need to send a stamped addressed C5 envelope to Mildenhall Cycling Rally, 7 Jellicoe Place, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 2JU.
This contains entry forms for all the competitive events, as well as the camping/caravan booking form and all this information, plus more, is also available on the event website.