Details of Grassroots Festival announced
THE third annual Grassroots Festival, organised by Suffolk FA, is to take place in Ipswich.
Organisers announced today that the festival, which supports the development pathway of young footballers in the county, will be held on Saturday, May 18, at Gainsborough Sports Centre.
Teams from under-7s upwards will take part in matches and there will be a female specific festival and a tournament for youth and adult disability footballers as well as a lunchtime turn up and play session.
Laura Smith, chief executive of Suffolk FA, said: “It gives me huge pleasure to launch this year’s festival which provides us with the opportunity to work with players in key age groups and to showcase the important work that we are doing in developing the game right across Suffolk”.
“With the kind support of Ipswich Borough Council, we are able to hold the event at a community facility which stages hundreds of grassroots football matches over the course of each and every season.”
You may also want to watch:
Young match officials and volunteers involved in Suffolk FA’s highly successful Football Futures programme will be utilised to ensure that there will be a youthful flavour to all elements of the day.
Invitations will be sent out soon to teams to take part in this free festival and be part of Suffolk FA’s annual celebration of grassroots football.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 10 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
For more information about the festival please contact lead officer, James Payne on either email@example.com or 07432 735984.