Dick Waterson Challenge to be held next month
Woodbridge Rugby Club is delighted to announce its 2012 Dick Waterson Challenge on Saturday September 1.
Club members, supporters and the public are invited to join this family fun day at the club in support of Help for Heroes and Cancer Research.
The challenge will be to beat the last amazing total of �12,760.
The challenge match (3pm) is the main attraction of the day, which sees 50 veteran players with a combined total of over 1000 years of rugby experience taking part in the charity game.
Other events taking place include a Warrior v Woodpeckers tug of war at half-time, a bungee run and bouncy castle for the kids.
You may also want to watch:
Stalls selling rugby, Help for Heroes and other kit will be in attendance, while there will also be candy floss, a BBQ and fresh popcorn stall and the bar will be staying open all day.
Gates open at 1pm, with entry costing �3 for adults and �2 for children.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
The event will be held at Woodbridge Rugby Club, Hatchley Barn, Orford Road, Bromeswell, Woodbridge, IP12 2PP. Additional parking will be available at Swanns Nurseries in Bromeswell, which is signposted off the Orford Road.
For further information, contact Woodbridge club official Simon Bennett on 07710 400446 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
To find out more about the Help for Heroes charity, contact Domini Pocock on firstname.lastname@example.org