Disappointing weekend for Buchan at Donington Park
Danny Buchan crashed out of the latest round of the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship at Donington Park
TEENAGER Danny Buchan endured a nightmare weekend at Donington at the latest round of the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 championship.
The 18-year-old from Burnham-on-Crouch failed to secure good settings in qualifying before crashing out of the main race.
Team Green/MSS Colchester Kawasaki rider Buchan is now 45.5 behind leader and race winner, Richard Cooper, with two rounds to go.
I’m gutted to be honest, this definitely isn’t what we come racing for. I struggled all the way through qualifying and gave myself a mountain to climb starting in sixteenth. In morning warm-up the team made some changes and I went as fast as I had gone all weekend, so I felt really positive,” said Buchan.
You may also want to watch:
“I was psyched up for the race but maybe I pushed too hard too quickly and I just tucked the front on the first lap.
“We had such a great start to the year and I need to re-find that form and consistency. I’m going to have a good long think about what’s going wrong and try to end the season with a positive.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 8 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 9 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 10 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
The series continues on 23rd-25th September at Silverstone race circuit.