Diss and Framlingham College youngster spends summer in South Africa
A FRAMLINGHAM College student is spending his summer playing rugby in South Africa after been chosen for a special exchange programme.
Harry Gooderham, who has also been with Diss RFC since Under-9s and has represented the Eastern Counties side, is currently with the renowned Bishops School in Cape Town.
A spokesman for Diss said they hoped the teenager would become the Framlingham student to play in the school’s 1st team.
But it is a tough ask at the respected rugby school which has produced many well known senior players over the years including Stuart Abbott, Robbie Fleck, Hal Luscombe and Fraser Waters.
The exchange programme sees one talented sportsman selected each year to attend with a Bishops student coming in the opposite direction.
You may also want to watch:
Upon turning 17, Gooderham made his Diss first team debut last year and he is also part of the Northampton Saints Under-18s set-up – as he aspires to make it into their full-time academy next year after completing his A-levels.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit