Diss in control against Ruislip
London 1 North - Diss 34 Ruislip 3
DISS were in control of this match right from the first whistle.
The first score, a result of early pressure, was a penalty converted by Chris Beaird.
The first try came after some quick handling between Jack Peacock and Will Farrar. The ball reached Aaron Bliss, who outpaced his opposite number and fed Beaird to score under the posts. Beaird also converted.
Eton looked unlikely to score, until a number of errors crept into the Diss forwards’ game, allowing the visitors to score a first-half penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Diss’ second try of the first-half was the result of more concerted pressure, in particular after some fine work by Chris Craven and Alistair Abercrombie in the line-out.
The war of attrition between the packs continued in the second-half, but Diss were able to force Eton back on a number of occasions.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 10 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
One such play of pressure resulted in the third try, which was a fine score for new second row Charlie Crotty.
The fourth try saw Todd Wishart split the Eton defence and provide a lovely pass inside for West, who gathered and passed to the supporting Farrar. He was able to run and score under the posts, Beaird converting.
The final try of the match was created by skipper Matt Richards, who lofted a ball over for Tom Holt to run on and score under the posts.