Diss show their quality in entertaining draw
- Credit: Archant
London 1 North Diss 22 Amersham and Chiltern 22 Diss produced a performance that yet again highlighted the fact that when playing at their best they can compete with the most accomplished sides in the league, writes Sam Spurdens.
Connor McBryde opened the scoring with a try converted by Barnaby Chenery, followed by a Matt Richards dot down for a 14-0 lead.
Isaiah Hooper then went over to give the home side a 19-0 lead, pegged back by a late Amersham score just before the break.
Poor alignment and execution in defence meant that Amersham scored a second try after half-time, thus reducing the deficit to five points, before the visitors struck again to level the scores at 19 all with 25 minutes left.
Chenery slotted a further penalty to give the home side the advantage again, but Amersham responded almost immediately to bring the scores level again.
You may also want to watch:
Both sides fought tooth and nail for that crucial winning score but a wonderful game ended with honours even.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
- 9 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 10 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk