Dobra scores and sent-off in Under-23s draw just days after rejected Brighton bids
- Credit: Archant
An eventful few days for Armando Dobra continued as he scored and was later sent off as Ipswich Town’s Under-23s drew 2-2 at Colchester United this afternoon.
Town turned down multiple bids from Premier League club Brighton for the Albanian U19 international attacker ahead of last Friday's transfer deadline - all offers understood to be less than £500k.
Three days later he made headlines as the Blues fought back from 2-0 down at Colchester's Florence Park training ground.
After the U's had scored twice inside the opening half hour, Dobra quickly pulled one back with a shot that went in off the post.
He picked up his first yellow card for a foul before the break and, 10 minutes after the restart, the 18-year-old was shown his marching orders after another bookable foul.
Two minutes later, striker Tyreece Simpson equalised with a rebound finish after the keeper had kept out a Ben Morris shot.
You may also want to watch:
Dobra has made six appearances for Town's first team so far, one in the league (as a sub), plus five in the cups. He scored in the 3-1 Carabao Cup loss at Luton last August, but was sent-off on his League One debut at Accrington Stanley.
TOWN U23s: Przybek, Alexander (Fehrenbach 60), O'Reilly (Oppong 73), McGavin, Andoh, Ndaba, Dobra, Hughes, Morris, Simpson (Curtis 76), Gibbs. Unused: Bort, Healy.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights