Does cryptic tweet mean Celina’s loan will be cut short?
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Bersant Celina has posted a cryptic message on Twitter that might suggest his loan spell at Ipswich Town from Manchester City will be cut short in January.
The skilful 21-year-old attacking midfielder has been restricted to just two Championship starts so far, with a further six substitute appearances in the league and two starts in the Carabao Cup.
Ahead of today’s Championship game at Burton Albion, he tweeted: “2 months until new year. Cant wait.”
He is due to be on a season-long loan with the Blues, but could be recalled and sent elsewhere in January.
Previously, the youngster has liked a number of tweets from Town fans declaring their disappointment and shock at Celina’s lack of game time.
You may also want to watch:
One tweet Celina liked read: “Have concluded that Celina would have a greater chance breaking into MC (Man City) starting 11 that Mick’s.”
After scoring a superb late consolation goal at QPR at the start of September the confident Kosovan international insisted ‘it’s time for me now’, with manager Mick McCarthy having previously admitted the youngster was frustrated at his lack of action
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward