Iorfa’s season could be over due to injury
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Dominic Iorfa may have played his final game for Ipswich Town.
The right-back, on loan from Wolves, will miss tomorrow’s clash with Millwall at Portman Road having previously sat out the last three games after picking up thigh and groin problems.
He failed to recover during the international break, resulting in him missing the loss at Birmingham on Saturday, with McCarthy admitting the right-back may miss the final weeks of the season.
“Dominic could miss the rest of the season,” manager McCarthy said.
“He’s making noises it’s alright but it isn’t.
“We’ve got five games in two weeks and I’d like him to be fit because we need all the bodies, but I’m not sure he will be.
“He’s here having his treatment and he’s been excellent around the place.”
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 5 Ed Sheeran pays the most tax of any celebrity in the UK
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Popular Sudbury bakery reveals aim to save town's post office
- 8 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 9 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 10 Parents’ fury as bouncy castle business leaves children in the lurch
Iorfa has made 25 appearances since arriving at Portman Road in the summer, with his one goal coming in the victory over Nottingham Forest.