Iorfa’s season could be over due to injury
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Dominic Iorfa may have played his final game for Ipswich Town.
The right-back, on loan from Wolves, will miss tomorrow’s clash with Millwall at Portman Road having previously sat out the last three games after picking up thigh and groin problems.
He failed to recover during the international break, resulting in him missing the loss at Birmingham on Saturday, with McCarthy admitting the right-back may miss the final weeks of the season.
“Dominic could miss the rest of the season,” manager McCarthy said.
“He’s making noises it’s alright but it isn’t.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got five games in two weeks and I’d like him to be fit because we need all the bodies, but I’m not sure he will be.
“He’s here having his treatment and he’s been excellent around the place.”
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 8 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
Iorfa has made 25 appearances since arriving at Portman Road in the summer, with his one goal coming in the victory over Nottingham Forest.