Dominic Vose offered a new deal by Colchester United
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Front-runner Dominic Vose has been offered a new deal by Colchester United, until the end of the season.
Vose has been on a monthly contract with the U’s, since his arrival at the start of November.
The 20-year-old former West Ham trainee has so far made eight appearances, and generally impressed, despite playing most of his games as a winger rather than in a more central attacking role.
U’s manager Joe Dunne revealed this morning: “We have offered Dominic a contract for the rest of this season.
“Dominic is improving all the time, and he is a player who is hungry for success.
You may also want to watch:
“He has done some good things for us. He wants to take this chance,” added Dunne.
Vose was released by West Ham at the end of 2012, and spent the last few months of last season at Barnet, who were relegated out of the Football League. He made just two appearances for the Bees.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
Vose is expected to be involved in the U’s next game, at home to Gillingham on Saturday.