‘Don’t panic!’ - so says U’s boss John Ward
COLCHESTER United boss John Ward has a simple message for U’s fans, despite the current lack of strikers at the club – don’t panic.
Ward has seen both of his senior strikers leave this summer, with Kayode Odejayi and Steven Gillespie both signing for League Two clubs, in Rotherham and Fleetwood respectively.
That leaves the U’s with no specialist strikers on the club’s books, a problem Ward will need to solve.
“I am talking to one or two (players). Those talks are on the go,” explained Ward this afternoon.
“The situation should become clearer by July 1, which is when a lot of players’ contracts expire at their current clubs.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m not going to panic. It could take three weeks to sign someone, or it might happen this afternoon!” added Ward.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week