Door always open for new juniors at Ipswich Rugby Club
Ipswich Rugby Club junior chairman Darren Wright declared himself satisfied as a number of new young faces joined the Humber Doucy Lane outfit on registration/opening day last Sunday.
The club runs teams for juniors aged from five to 18 and, while a couple of fun days have already been held, last weekend’s meet was a chance for potential new members to get to know the club.
While essentially a chance to register for various teams, Wright stressed the club had an “open door” policy with new members able to join at any stage throughout the season.
The senior side play their league games on Saturdays with training for all age groups taking place on Sundays from 9.30am-12.
“Considering we are not in a World Cup year and the popularity which that creates, we had a fantastic response,” said Wright.
You may also want to watch:
“The club faces new challenges at junior level but we were more than pleased with the numbers that came.
“We have a team at every age group and would like to add a couple more, especially in the junior section.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
“A lot of people think that if they do not attend registration day then they can’t join the club. That is not the case.
“We offer people four free training sessions to see if they like rugby and if they sign up, they will then receive a club warm-up top.”
For more information contact Darren Wright on 07970 980440.