Double keeps dream alive
Ridgeons League Premier DivisionMildenhall 2 Halstead 0Wayne Goddard scored twice in the first half as Mildenhall completed a double over Halstead.
Ridgeons League Premier Division
Wayne Goddard scored twice in the first half as Mildenhall completed a double over Halstead.
You may also want to watch:
With just a minute on the clock Halstead were forced to twice clear off the line from a corner, with Mildenhall finally breaking the deadlock when a Graham Rush-Matt Clements free-kick routine left Halstead unable to clear and Goddard banged the ball home from 10 yards.
The hosts doubled their lead after 28 minutes when Simon Betts was penalised for a challenge on Clements in the box and Goddard duly converted the spot kick.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 4 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 7 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 10 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
The game followed the same pattern after the break with Mildenhall frequently on the attack.
Hammond rattled the underside of the bar before keeper Paul Rutherford held the rebound safely, while at the other end, Driver went near with a clever lob.
Mildenhall were much the better side, overall, however and probably should have won by more.
Despite the comfortable win, Mildenhall are now behind Needham Town on goal difference, after they crushed Woddbridge 5-0