Watch Daniel Dubidat’s non-league wonder goal. Have you ever seen better?
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever seen a better non-league goal than this?
Striker Daniel Dubidat scored an absolute belter to win the game for his Alvechurch side on Saturday.
With the score level at 2-2 in their Evo Stick League South clash with Sheffield FC with just minutes left, Dubidat brilliantly controlled a long pass, cushioned the ball on his thigh as he turned the defender and then in the same motion crashed a volley over the keeper, off the bar and into the net to win the game.
Indeed, the 25-year-old’s goal was so good that it’s even being put forward as a potential winner of the FIFA award for the best strike in world football this year.
Ironically, Dubidat revealed after the match that he thought he was having a bad game.
You may also want to watch:
He told Alvechurch TV: “The circumstances of the goal, it was 2-2 at the time, and it being late in the game which made it better.
“To be fair I had a stinker for most of the game, so to score that was a massive relief. I was getting stick from the gaffer who takes no prisoners, if someone is not playing well, he will tell them and I hold my hands up.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 6 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 7 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 8 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 9 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
So have you seen a better goal in non-league? Let us know! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.