Dunne blessed with an injury-free squad
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss Joe Dunne has confirmed that he has no injury worries, ahead of this season’s opener at Gillingham on Saturday.
The U’s have had a few injury scares during pre-season, most notably to centre-half Josh Thompson, midfielder Craig Eastmond and winger Sanchez Watt.
It was feared that Eastmond might be out long-term, but has since made a good recovery from an ankle injury sustained in the pre-season opener at Heybridge, while Watt should be back in training this week after picking up a knock during last weekend’s 2-1 win at Maldon & Tiptree.
Dunne confirmed: “Sanchz (Watt) did not train on Monday, but he only went off as a precaution.
“I think he will be fine. We are just monitoring him.
You may also want to watch:
“Craig (Eastmond) had 20 minutes against Ipswich (3-0 defeat last week) and then 90 minutes over the weekend.
“Craig will feature against Ipswich (Under-21s) this afternoon.
- 1 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 2 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 3 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 4 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 8 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 9 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 10 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis
“But he’s fine. In fact, the whole training group is fit,” added Dunne.