Dunne is fuming after U’s latest capitulation
ANGRY Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, was fuming after his side’s capitulation at MK Dons this afternoon.
The U’s were blown away by goals from Luke Chadwick (2), Shaun Williams (penalty), Jon Ostemobor and Ryan Lowe, responding with a sole strike by Ian Henderson in a crushing 5-1 defeat.
It was the U’s fifth defeat in their last six games, and was a bitter pill to swallow for Dunne.
“I suppose I’m delighted it was 5-1, because it could have been 10!” admitted a hurting Dunne.
“That’s how I feel. After 25 minutes, after the first goal went in, it has probably been the easiest game that MK Dons have ever had at this place.
You may also want to watch:
“This is desperately disappointing for us. I expect effort, commitment and work-rate, but we didn’t get close enough.
“We lost our concentration, lost our runners, and when you do that against a team like this, you are going to get punished five times.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
“But it could have been a lot more,” confessed Dunne.