Dunne might be forced into changes
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, has named an unchanged side for the last couple of league games, but he may be forced into a change or two for tomorrow night’s visit of struggling Carlisle.
The Dubliner will be leaving it late to select his starting line-up, no doubt hoping to pick the same XI who beat Port Vale in their last home outing, and also gained a 1-1 draw at Sheffield United last weekend.
“We have one or two slight problems, so I will await another 24 hours before naming the team,” revealed Dunne during this morning’s press conference.
“I want to make sure one or two are fully fit. Two are slightly under the weather, and we’ve also got a couple of knocks.
“It’s a squad game, so if we need to make changes, I’m sure the players who come in will do an admirable job.”
You may also want to watch:
Attacker Freddie Sears was substituted midway through the second half at Sheffield United last weekend, as a precaution following recent groin problems, while winger Sanchez Watt has been receiving treatement on an ankle injury all week. Both are hoping to be passed fit.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies