Dunne on Jabo and on ‘wonderful point’
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Blax Images
COLCHESTER United boss Joe Dunne will be appealing Jabo Ibehre’s sending-off, following last night’s goalless draw at Victoria Park.
But the Irishman was also quick to describe the draw as a “wonderful point.”
Dunne enthused: “We can take just as much joy from this result, as if we had won. As a team we defended exceptionally well, after obviously having to change things around with the sending off.
“Our disc lip line and our attitude was great, and we did a lot of tactical work at half-time. We also changed it again as the game progressed, just to baffle them a bit more.
“I will be appealing Jabo’s red card straight away, having seen it again on the video.
You may also want to watch:
“I felt it was a fair challenge. There were no studs showing when he has actually made the tackle. I thought the laces were going for the ball.
“(Neil) Austin got straight up, to his credit, and I think everyone around there felt that the red card was harsh, so I will be appealing it. Maybe the angle that the referee had, made it difficult for him.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
“I’m very frustrated, but in the end we came away with a lot of credit.
“Overall, it’s a wonderful point,” confirmed Dunne.