Dunne predicts a ‘street fight’
- Credit: Archant
COLCHESTER United boss, Joe Dunne, is predicting a “street fight” when his U’s team take on basement club Bury at Gigg Lane on Saturday.
The Essex club have eight games remaining, to preserve their League One status, following the disappointment of losing a two-goal lead in Tuesday night’s 2-2 draw at Coventry.
“We have to go Bury now and have a real toe-to-toe with them,” insisted Dunne.
“We have to pick ourselves up and go for it. I think it’s going to be a street fight on Saturday.”
Dunne is also considering changes, to freshen up his team.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got players running on empty at the moment, so we might have to look at rotating things around,” continued Dunne.
“Some of the energy and character they are showing to save the club from relegation, is beginning to take it’s toll.”
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 4 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 5 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 6 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 7 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 8 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 9 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season