Dunne predicts ins and outs during January
JOE Dunne has revealed that he expects a lot of movement, during the January transfer window, at Colchester United.
U’s boss Dunne, who allowed youngsters Tom Bender and Bradley Hamilton to leave the club on loan to Chelmsford last week, is predicting more ins and outs next month.
“I expect movement in January, both ins and outs,” insisted Dunne.
“I think this will be a busy January window, with the way things are panning out in football at the moment.
“If people want my players, everybody has got a price. We will be looking to do some business if we can, because I’m still trying to secure the loans that we have got, which I’m in negotiations with at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“They also have high aspirations, and how well they have done for us has attracted interest from other people.
“As the chairman and I have said before, players will need to go, before I can bring anyone in.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
“And I’ve got players in my squad that would grace other bigger clubs,” added Dunne.
The U’s current list of loanees are Craig Eastmond (Arsenal), Jabo Ibehre (MK Dons), Dan Potts (West Ham), Josh Thompson (Portsmouth) and Archange Nkumu (Chelsea). Sanchez Watt, on loan from Arsenal, returned to the Gunners due to injury.