Dunne rues Thompson’s chalked off ‘goal’
COLCHESTER United boss Joe Dunne believes that Josh Thompson’s ‘goal’ at Doncaster should have stood.
Thompson’s 45th minute headed goal, from Brian Wilson’s cross, was ruled out by referee Richard Clark due to an infringement in the box, specifically Anthony Wordsworth’s push on Jamie McCombe.
Rovers went on to win the match, thanks to David Cotterill’s 84th minute cracker, to inflict an eighth defeat on the spin on the U’s.
“I thought the referee was excellent today, but I feel it was a goal,” insisted Dunne.
“We’ve watched it back, and we have had a perfectly good goal chalked off.
You may also want to watch:
“The referee said he thought there was a push, but (Jamie) McCombe was never going to get to Josh. That’s what happens when you are down the bottom.
“It’s a major decision and it has affected the result.”
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'