Dunne “slightly disappointed” with just one point
Colchester United boss Joe Dunne was slightly disappointed that his team did not take all three points, in today’s 1-1 draw at Bristol City.
Matt Taylor’s 30th minute header was cancelled out by Sam Baldock’s 74th minute close range effort at Ashton Gate.
“It could have gone either way in the last 15 minutes,” admitted Dunne.
“In fact, I’m slightly disappointed that we did not win it with one of our two good chances at the end.
“Generally, we should be pleased with our performance again. We were missing 10 players today and we also blooded another youngster (Sammy Szmodics).
You may also want to watch:
“We knew that Bristol City would have a lot of possession, but I thought we were very dangerous on the counter-attack and got our tactics spot on in the first half.
“They had the momentum in the second half, and we switched off just once for their goal,” added Dunne.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 4 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 5 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 6 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 7 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 8 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight