Dunne to join Sunderland for �4m
RICHARD Dunne will join Sunderland in the summer for around �4million. (The Sun)The centre-half is on his way out after nine years at Manchester City as Eastlands manager Mark Hughes wants to shake up his squad for next's season's trophy hunt.
RICHARD Dunne will join Sunderland in the summer for around �4million. (The Sun)
The centre-half is on his way out after nine years at Manchester City as Eastlands manager Mark Hughes wants to shake up his squad for next's season's trophy hunt.
Dunne, 29, joined City after being released from Everton and established himself as one of the toughest defenders in the game.
Captain Sunderland boss Ricky Sbragia believes Dunne can add to the Black Cats' spirit and is understood to even be ready to make Dunne his captain.
Dunne can also expect to pocket a few more quid with the switch - with his current wages of �35,000 a week increasing to �50,000.
Sbragia will also launch a �3.5m joint bid for West Brom duo Jonathan Greening and James Morrison.
- 1 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 4 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 5 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 6 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 8 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 9 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 10 Town loanee Kenlock scores first professional goal on Colchester debut
But he is set to miss out on �6m-rated Bordeaux star Marouane Chamakh, 25, after the in-demand striker insisted he is not interested in joining the Black Cats.