Dunne to join Sunderland for �4m
RICHARD Dunne will join Sunderland in the summer for around �4million. (The Sun)The centre-half is on his way out after nine years at Manchester City as Eastlands manager Mark Hughes wants to shake up his squad for next's season's trophy hunt.
RICHARD Dunne will join Sunderland in the summer for around �4million. (The Sun)
The centre-half is on his way out after nine years at Manchester City as Eastlands manager Mark Hughes wants to shake up his squad for next's season's trophy hunt.
Dunne, 29, joined City after being released from Everton and established himself as one of the toughest defenders in the game.
Captain Sunderland boss Ricky Sbragia believes Dunne can add to the Black Cats' spirit and is understood to even be ready to make Dunne his captain.
You may also want to watch:
Dunne can also expect to pocket a few more quid with the switch - with his current wages of �35,000 a week increasing to �50,000.
Sbragia will also launch a �3.5m joint bid for West Brom duo Jonathan Greening and James Morrison.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
But he is set to miss out on �6m-rated Bordeaux star Marouane Chamakh, 25, after the in-demand striker insisted he is not interested in joining the Black Cats.