EADT Sunshine finale
THE East Anglian Daily Times Sunshine Challenge semi-finals and final will be played at Aldeburgh Golf Club on Wednesday, September 19. The semi-final draw will be made with all players present half-an-hour before the start.
By Tony Garnett
THE East Anglian Daily Times Sunshine Challenge semi-finals and final will be played at Aldeburgh Golf Club on Wednesday, September 19.
The semi-final draw will be made with all players present half-an-hour before the start.
The last four are George Courtney of Woodbridge, twice a previous winner, Shaun Payne of Rushmere, Tom Fairbrother of Woodbridge and Phil Westley of Hintlesham.
You may also want to watch:
The winner will represent the newspaper against other regional newspaper champions over three Stableford rounds in the Portuguese Algarve between November 4 and 11. Back tees will be used at Morgado, Palmares and Pinta.
In the quarter-finals, Courtney defeated Peter Cooney of Thorpeness by two holes. Fairbrother beat David Daniel of Stowmarket 3 and 2 while Payne overcame Mike Nowosad, another former winner, 3 and 2.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 A12 closed following serious collision
- 6 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 7 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 8 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 9 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
In the final match the left-handed Westley claimed another notable scalp.
He beat Tom Wright of Rushmere on the 17th green in a splendid match played in the rain.