East Anglian derby fixture once again switched and will now be shown on Sky
- Credit: Archant
The date for Ipswich Town’s home fixture against East Anglian derby rivals Norwich City has once again been switched, with the game now to kick-off at 12.15pm on Saturday, August 23 in front of the Sky television cameras.
The match had originally been scheduled for that date, was switched to a noon kick-off on Sunday, August 24 following Suffolk Constabulary’s recommendation, but has now been switched back to the original Saturday date.
It means that the Blues will feature on television twice within the opening month of the campaign, with their season-opener against Fulham – also at Portman Road – being broadcast on Saturday, August 9 (5.15pm ko).
Town’s players flew out to Dublin this morning ahead of their first pre-season fixture, against Irish side Shelbourne, on Saturday. Manager Mick McCarthy stayed in Suffolk to hold talks with left-back Jonathan Parr, recently released by Crystal Palace.
The Blues are also understood to be interested in signing Notts County keeper Bartosz Bialkowski.
You may also want to watch:
IPSWICH TOWN’S PRE-SEASON FIXTURES
Shelbourne (a) - Saturday, July 12, 3pm
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 9 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
West Ham (h) – Wednesday, July 16, 7.45pm
Colchester Utd (a) – Wednesday, July 23, 7pm
Gillingham (a) – Saturday, July 26, 3pm
Southend Utd (a) – Tuesday, July 29, 7.45pm
Leyton Orient (a) – Saturday, August 2, 8pm