East Anglian derby games both moved to Sunday lunchtimes
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town have confirmed that both of their East Anglian derby matches with Norwich City have been moved to Sunday lunchtimes.
The Blues will now host the Canaries at Portman Road on Sunday, September 2, with the reverse fixture at Carrow Road taking place Sunday, February 10 – both will kick-off at 12pm.
News as to whether the game at Portman Road will be shown live on Sky Sports will be communicated by the broadcaster by July 27, though that’s likely to be the case given the last eight meetings between the sides have been on TV.
Five of those aforementioned eight games have been played on a Sunday, while seven of them have kicked off at 12pm or 12.15pm (the other at 2.05pm).
Both clubs take the decision to move the fixture to those days/times based on police advice.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich (12th) finished above their rivals (14th) in the Championship table last season and, under new manager Paul Hurst, the Blues will be looking to secure their first win against Norwich since April 2009.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
- 10 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?