East Anglian derby games both moved to Sunday lunchtimes
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town have confirmed that both of their East Anglian derby matches with Norwich City have been moved to Sunday lunchtimes.
The Blues will now host the Canaries at Portman Road on Sunday, September 2, with the reverse fixture at Carrow Road taking place Sunday, February 10 – both will kick-off at 12pm.
News as to whether the game at Portman Road will be shown live on Sky Sports will be communicated by the broadcaster by July 27, though that’s likely to be the case given the last eight meetings between the sides have been on TV.
Five of those aforementioned eight games have been played on a Sunday, while seven of them have kicked off at 12pm or 12.15pm (the other at 2.05pm).
Both clubs take the decision to move the fixture to those days/times based on police advice.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich (12th) finished above their rivals (14th) in the Championship table last season and, under new manager Paul Hurst, the Blues will be looking to secure their first win against Norwich since April 2009.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 10 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk