East Women’s Hockey League
Cambridge University 2 Colchester 0
AS the teams lined up on Saturday, Colchester Ladies first XI knew they had to win in order to have any chance of avoiding relegation.
Colchester began the game strongly and fought until the final whistle, however they were not victorious and lost the game 2-0.
Ellison’s man of the match was awarded to two players this weekend, Karen Harris and Angela Roberts who battled in the midfield, both picking up a number of knocks for their hard work.
Colchester had a number of chances from open play and penalty corners in both the first and second halves, however the forwards couldn’t find the back of the goal.
You may also want to watch:
Both of Cambridge’s goals were scored in the second half, after a quick break was made from their defence, playing the ball around to eventually find a player free to put the ball behind goalkeeper Emma Painter.
Colchester will finish almost mid table in the league, however six teams will be relegated this season - almost half of the league, which does not seem quite right and such a shame for hockey in the East to relegate so many.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed