Easter Sunday start for Fen Tigers
MILDENHALL Fen Tigers have confirmed they’ll open their 2012 campaign on Easter Sunday (8th April)
MILDENHALL Fen Tigers have confirmed they’ll open their 2012 campaign on Easter Sunday (8th April) with the first leg of their National League Shield clash against Dudley Heathens.
Co-Promoter Michael Lee said, “It’ll be great to welcome the Heathens back to West Row as, of course, they were the first visitors last season as we launched the ‘new era’ of Mildenhall Speedway. That turned into a day never to be forgotten, and I am sure everyone can still remember our then skipper James Brundle clinching the win for us in a brilliant final heat.”
Lee continued, “And of course we then had our biggest away league win of the season against the Heathens at Monmore in August. They have a fantastic set-up and supporters and I’m sure they’ll be desperate to avenge those defeats and get their year off to a winning start. Equally we want to add the Shield to our KO Cup success!
“All in all I can’t think of a better way to start our season in front of what I am sure will be a big West Row crowd.”
You may also want to watch:
The second leg will be at Monmore Green on Tuesday 17th April.
Before that, supporters will get the chance to hear from the team and promotion at a ‘Meet the Riders’ night at West Row on Saturday 18th February at 7pm (Admission �3 for adults, children under 15 free). Fans will also be able to attend this year’s Official Press and Practice Day on Sunday 18th March.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 8 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move