Eaton and Aimable confirmed for Cage Warriors 99 in Colchester
- Credit: Jerry Daws/ Contenders Ltd
Local stars Corrin Eaton and Steve Aimable will be in action when Europe’s leading MMA promotion, Cage Warriors, comes to Colchester for the first time in November.
Eaton (9-3) from Ipswich, is coming off a fight of the year contender with Dean Trueman at Cage Warriors 92 at the O2, where he lost on points but won fans’ hearts with his all-action, courageous showing.
Meanwhile Aimable (10-5), who fights out of Colchester’s powerhouse BKK Fighters Gym, is also coming off a close but thrilling decision loss to the unbeaten Paull McBain at Cage Warriors 95.
The featherweight duo have actually fought each other before, at BCMMA in Colchester back in March 2014, with Eaton winning by submision in the first round.
The match-ups for the Colchester event, Cage Warriors 99 at Charter Hall on November 17, have yet to be confirmed, but the promotion have also released a list of some of the other fighters who will take to the cage in Essex, headlined by UFC veteran Mads Burnell, who’s signed a multi-fight deal.
You may also want to watch:
Tough Dane grappler Burnell (9-3) gave Suffolk’s UFC star Arnold Allen all he could handle when they met on the main card of the spectacular UFC Liverpool event in May, arguably winning the first two rounds before falling victim to a dramatic ninja choke submission in the final stanza.
Also set for action on the Colchester card, and defending his flyweight title for the first time, will be Nathan Greyson. He won the strap with a spectacular KO win over Sam Creasey earlier this year.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 9 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
Popular welterweights Brad Wheeler and Nathan Jones, as well as former Contenders Norwich middleweight champion Jason Radcliffe, will also take to the cage.
Colchester-born James Webb (4-1), a rising middleweight prospect, is also set to fight.
Cage Warriors president Graham Boyland said: “The MMA scene in the South East of England is growing by the day, helped along by our Academy there and by the pro names entering the spotlight.
“This event was added to our calendar to reward the South East fans for their support, and to make sure we keep our growing roster active.
“Alongside the local talent is a huge new signing for us in Mads Burnell. We’re in the business of welcoming the best talent in Europe into the Cage Warriors family, and giving them a consistent platform to perform. We put this show on specifically to do that.”